1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I've started a poll to see if folks would be interested in an StP how-2 travel book. Click here to cast your vote and post your suggestions. Your input is very much appreciated!
  3. Hey folks! Check out this thread of updates to the StP website. There's tons of interesting stuff!

Etching initials into a knife blade.

Discussion in 'How-2' started by outskirts, Nov 6, 2013.

1. outskirts

outskirts Hungry for Knowledge

basket weaver, writer
    Current Location:
    New Jersey (South Jersey)
    Ratings:
    +119 / -0
    This looks like a pretty cheap and easy method to do this if you have the materials and equipment.

• Useful Useful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Epic Epic x 1
  2. Tude

Tude Sometimes traveler is traveling. Staff Member Moderator Donator

College staff
    Current Location:
    Rochester, NY
    Ratings:
    +216 / -0
    Pretty cool. I have a small collection of pocket knives, etc (yeah I like them, always have something on me when I'm bicycling or hiking) - and a friend of mine has been experimenting with making knives with fancy wood handles - so I have a couple of them. Sent him the vid. Thanks!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. outskirts

outskirts Hungry for Knowledge

basket weaver, writer
    Current Location:
    New Jersey (South Jersey)
    Ratings:
    +119 / -0
    Yeah I thought this was really cool when I saw it. So much more could be done than just initials.
    Plenty of both practical and whimsical applications with this. Like etching a ruler along the spine of a filet knife or drawing out a whole picture across the blade of a large knife. A machete could be made to convey an entire story.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Hungry for Knowledge Donator

inheriting
    Current Location:
    oakland
    Ratings:
    +79 / -0
    I just happen to have all the supplies including the battery charger at my house. I might just go home and mess arouund with the utensils in my kitchen.