1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I've started a poll to see if folks would be interested in an StP how-2 travel book. Click here to cast your vote and post your suggestions. Your input is very much appreciated!
  3. Hey folks! Check out this thread of updates to the StP website. There's tons of interesting stuff!

[Aug 15, 2011] Ann Arbor P_u_n_k W_e_e_k 3rd week of August... (Ann Arbor MI)

Discussion in 'Events / Gatherings / Festivals' started by drunken marauder, Jul 27, 2011.

1. drunken marauder

drunken marauder Appreciated Participator

yo daddie
    Current Location:
    fukken michigan for right now
    Ratings:
    +27 / -0
    Ok so heres the deal.... I'm in Ann Arbor and not hearing much about punk week. Ok I'm hearing nothing.... Ive got some chill camp spots and I've got some awsome venues for shows / events... So basically any kids in the area wanna help me out. We need bands, ideas, and a generator/ pa equipment.... Please if your in the area do not flyer this or really blow it up or were gonna have a lot of problems.. Ann Arbor has been cool with this until last year... If you were there you know what happened.. If you werent goggle it.. Theres a lot of history in this and it would be sad to see it just dissappear... My hope is to keep it word of mouth... Really hate getting venues blown up.. But I'm around trippers alley down town area pretty regularly.. Umm Meat Mansion / Rock Haus is gone so yea any help you can throw down would be great.. This is a week for us by us.. Not so sure we got any help this year... So lets make this happen..
    • Like Like x 1
  2. kevron

kevron just joined the board

Current Location:
    Detriot
    Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    Punk weeks in detroit this year. Aug 11th - Aug 16th.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. drunken marauder

yo daddie
    Current Location:
    Ratings:
    +27 / -0
    kool I guess....
  4. insulinxjunkie

insulinxjunkie just joined the board

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I was just in Ann Arbor and talked to some local punk residents, everyone said it was cancelled and the people who hosted it last year isn't going to be doing it this year but they are sure plenty of punks will show up and figure out something to do on their own.
  5. BakkaBakkaBakka

BakkaBakkaBakka just joined the board

Current Location:
    Michigan
    Ratings:
    +10 / -0
    So should I go to ann arbor and hope for the best or go to Detroit? Everyones gonna end up showing up in A2, it wont end just ike that. And I can't imagine it going well in Detroit.
  6. drunken marauder

yo daddie
    Current Location:
    Ratings:
    +27 / -0
    Im gonna be in Ann Arbor betting on a lot of people showing up here... Were you busking in trippers alley? I dunno Ive got plenty of spots for camping and fun..... I hmmm can only think of a handful of local a2 elitist I'd care to see.... Where'd you run into the kids here hell I havent ran into any in the couple weeks Ive been here.... I would suggest making money before you get here.......
  7. earthowl

earthowl Hungry for Knowledge

i yam what i yam and i yam what i yam
    Current Location:
    grand rapids, mi
    Ratings:
    +43 / -1
    im in detroit right now. punk week is mosst deffinately going on. theres not a whole lot of kids this year and things are set up kinda stupid. but its been fun. you guys should come. its the good people that come here that really make it fun.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. AnthraxMatt

AnthraxMatt Hungry for Knowledge

Current Location:
    kansas city
    Ratings:
    +29 / -0
    went all around downtown detroit and didnt see anyone, maybe the wrong part, i dont know. anyways im in ann arbor right now, i assume the when is now but where should i be?
  9. drunken marauder

yo daddie
    Current Location:
    Ratings:
    +27 / -0
    im in a2 hmmm are you downtown.. In a little shit ass no money having crack ghetto...
  10. AnthraxMatt

AnthraxMatt Hungry for Knowledge

Current Location:
    kansas city
    Ratings:
    +29 / -0
    yeah that was about right. crack everywhere. not there anymore, made it to CT
    • Like Like x 1
  11. smarts

smarts is getting to know the place

loser no body
    Current Location:
    Michigan
    Home page:
    Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    damn bro I was just in ann arbor like a week before this...sick town, great people, and if you starve in ann arbor then you're fuckin stupid haha
    • Like Like x 1